THURSDAY 6 APRIL:
11:30h – 12:30h / 13:00h – 14:00h
SATURDAY 8 APRIL:
11:30h – 12:30h / 13:00h – 14:00h / 17:00h – 18:00h
Sunday 2nd closed in the morning
Tuesday 4th closed in the morning
Thursday 6th closed in the afternoon
Friday 7th closed all day
Cabildo de la S.A.I
CATEDRAL DE MONDOÑEDO
Plaza da Catedral s/n
27740 Mondoñedo, Lugo (Spain)
|Monday to Wednesday||10:30 - 14:30
15:30 - 18:30
|Thursday, Friday and Saturday||10.30 - 18:30|
|Sunday||October to April: closed to tourist visits (opening to groups by reservation)
May to September: open from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Last access 45 minutes before closing.
Groups wishing to visit must book by contacting us through our email.
More than 15 people
From 13-18 years of age (university students up to 25 years of age
|Free||People with differents capacities +65%, Residents of the diocese of Mondoñedo.|
01. WELCOME AND EXTERIOR ARCHITECTURE
02. INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE AND STAINED GLASS
03. GOTHIC PAINTINGS AND ORGANS
04. MAIN CHAPEL
07. CHAPELS OF THE AMBULATORY AND RELIQUARY
08-12. MUSEO CATEDRALICIO Y DIOCESANO
13. CHAPEL OF THE HOLY SACRAMENT. ENGLISH VIRGIN
15. CHAPTER HOUSE
An exclusive guided tour in which we will visit the Gothic halls of our cathedral, we will look out on the bishop’s balcony, we will pass by the beautiful rose window and we will go up to the top of the main façade of the cathedral to situate ourselves on its beautiful terrace. From this place, we will be able to appreciate the incredible 360º panoramic view of Mondoñedo. In addition, we will discover the one known as «La Paula»: an imposing bell steeped in history that today continues to set the rhythm of life in Mendoza, ringing at hours, the deceased, festivities, etc.
Approximate duration of 1 hour.
|Fridays||17:00 to 18:00
|Saturdays||1st turn of 11:30 to 12:30
2nd turn to 13:00 a 14:00
Minimum groups of 5 pax. Book online or by phone.
|Youth from 12 to 18 years old||5.00 €|
|Children up to twelve years old||2.50 €
The visit also includes access to the interior of the cathedral with an audio guide.
Considerations to take into account during said visit:
– It is suggested to come with comfortable and appropriate footwear.
– For security reasons, the visit cannot be made by people with reduced mobility problems, heart disease, vertigo, claustrophobia, pregnant women, etc.
– Minors must always be accompanied by an adult.
– They must respect the rules of decorum of the monument they visit and respect at all times the heritage they contemplate.